Thursday, September 1, 2011

Beautiful Chaos

Well, Camden is now 16 months old and Addison is 4 years old. Life is always entertaining, busy, and noisy in the Eicher household. It's suppposed to be with kids these ages. "Beautiful chaos" is what it should be called.

Camden is a stinker. He's ornery and has a short-temper. He takes after his father. I think it's the Irish in him! However, he also acts Italian. He puts his arms out, palms facing upward and reaches up to you with this pitiful look on his face. It's like he's saying in his best Italian accent, "Hey, hey, hey, you knowa you wanna holda me!"

He's a pincher. He's a biter, though I think that may have stopped. He got written up twice already at daycare for biting another child. At the time he was getting 6 teeth at once! I do not condone biting in case you were wondering. I just can't believe he's only 1 and has already been written up at school. Hopefully this isn't a taste of what's to come.

He loves to throw everything, he's got quite the arm. When I said he throws everything, I meant it literally. He throws everything, including himself. He'll throw his body across the floor and do carpet dives. I'm thinking he may be a pitcher, or because of his fearlessness, a quarterback. He can be whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. If he wants to be the baton twirler and wear a pretty sequins outfit, I don't care, as long as he's happy. But I'm pretty sure he's a rough, rugged, down-in-the-dirt type of boy. In fact, he loves to walk and roll around in mulch. How does that feel good? He will literally lay down in it and roll around in it.

He's a smiley baby, but gets mad when he's frustrated. All the ladies at his daycare love him and he always comes home smelling of several types of perfume. He's already a ladies' man, what can I say? They love his smile, the dimple in his right cheek, and his squinty eyes when he's smiling. He got those from his grandpa. He's also developed this rotten little laugh, it almost sounds evil. He's got his cute normal laugh, but then when he gets really excited about something (i.e. french fries, ice cream, etc.) he gets this Beavis & Butthead laugh. I need to get video of it. It's quite amusing. He's quite the little comedian, sportsman, and loverboy. I love that little man. And I think we're going to have our hands full with this one. Watch out world!

Addison is growing up to be quite the little lady. She's 4 going on 18. She LOVES shoes. She loves them so much in fact that whenever she meets someone, the first thing she'll do after saying hello is look at their shoes. She especially loves her cowboy boots and wants to wear them with everything. I think she'd sleep in them if we let her.

She's tender-hearted, so smart, and so kind. She's got a great heart and is a wonderful big sister to Camden. She watches over him and protects him. Of course she gets mad when he takes her stuff, but all in all, she adores him as much as he adores her. Camden watches Addison's every move. He's in awe of her, as are the rest of us. She's something special, that little girl.

Addison is into gymnastics and cheerleading and loves it! We need to get her back in to tap and ballet as well for the fall. We're also thinking about soccer, but I don't want to overwhelm her, so we may wait until next year for that.

Speaking of next year, it is so hard for me to believe she'll be in kindergarten in 2012! Where did my baby go? She's very excited about it. The other day she put on her backpack and said, "Mommy, pretend I'm 5 and I have to go to college." Wow. When I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up she said she wants to "do hair and be a veterinarian." Maybe she'll be a groomer? Ha ha! Again, she can do whatever she wants, as long as it makes her happy! I lived too long trying to figure out what I wanted to do and I just want my kids to do what they love! Life's too short not to.

Back to Addi. She says some of the funniest things. Last weekend I had to work and my hubby took the kids to Nordstrom. A lady stopped and asked them if they needed anything and Addison, in a very matter-of-fact voice said, "Yes. I need to poop." Ha ha! One time when I was playing Barbies with her, I was Ken (who was sans clothing) and Barbie (aka Addison) said to Ken, "Get some clothes on and marry me or I'm gonna throw you out the window!" She's something else.

She's a perfectionist, athletic, caring, smart, fashionable & quite the firecracker! She'll tell you what she thinks, even if you didn't ask! She's very opinionated and has thoughts about everything. I never thought I'd be letting a 4 year old dress herself, but she knows what she wants to wear. She actually started having an opinion about her clothes as early as 3 years old. I love that she's sensitive, but still strong in her opinions. I don't want to break her of that. Girls need that these days! I love that little lady.

I'm still a RN at Riley in the Pediatric ICU. Ike is in advertising and is loving his current position at an agency in Broad Ripple. This month we will have been married for 9 years! We're so lucky and have so much love surrounding us even though this summer has been quite sad with the recent passing of my dad. We know he's watching over us, but that doens't always make it better. It'd be better if he were still here with us. We're just thankful he was in our lives for as long as he was, even if it wasn't long enough. God has blessed us so many times over and we give all our praise to him. I don't know what I did to deserve so many blessings. But I'm thankful for the Beautiful Chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment