Saturday, August 4, 2012

This One's Random

Disclaimer: This entry is completely random. It is highly unorganized and if this is the first entry that you've ever read from my blog - I apologize. I'm not always so inconsistent with my thoughts.

I haven't written in about a month. We've been so busy. I feel like everyday we have somewhere to go. Luckily, it's all been fun stuff and we've made lots of fun memories! I'm trying to cram as much fun stuff into this summer as possible - I think I'm a little depressed with what is coming my way in two weeks.

In case you don't know, my daughter starts kindergarten in less than 2 weeks. I'm not coping well. I feel like every year she starts school is one year closer to her leaving me. So sad. I only have about 13 more years with her living with me! No!! The past five years have gone way too fast. I'm really trying to enjoy these last few days of our summer together. It's just going to be so weird not having her here on my days off. I'm also trying to enjoy Camden more because I am starting to realize he is probably our last child. Even though he's going through the Terrible Two's in full effect, I'm still trying to cherish him being so little because it does go so fast and I'm never going to get this time back. But trust me, his Terrible Two's have been much worse than Addi's were. Anyway, before I go off on that tangent, I love watching my kids do new things and develop as little people, but I hate that they aren't babies anymore. I always shudder when I hear parents of older children say they just wish they could go back to the time their kids were little. I hate it because it makes me feel like a bad mom because sometimes I get so frustrated with them. I know I'm not alone and most moms lose their shit and yell *loudly* occasionally. I just try to remind myself that they're little, they are still learning and they aren't always going to be so small. They've got little hands, little voices, little bodies but both my kids have big personalities and are both stubborn as can be. But they're my life and I love them to pieces. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Love them
Camden has been super funny this summer. He's always doing stuff to make us laugh. I have a feeling we will be visiting the principal's office frequently once he starts school. This one's going to be a class clown, I can already tell. One problem, he is always saying, "Damn it," in context. We have tried ignoring it, telling him we don't say that - but nothing works. He won't stop saying it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. He's also learned how to wink, but you'll see, he uses his whole face. And though he's all boy, we still find him occassionally putting on Addi's jewelry, heels, or tiaras. See Exhibit A below.

Cam's Facial Wink

Exhibit A
This has been the hottest and driest summer recorded in Indiana. Unfortunately, because of the drought, we've only taken the boat out a couple of times because the lake is so low. Last year I broke the propeller because I hit a low spot when I was driving and that was a costly mistake - one I don't want to make again. Not to mention, there's a warning out because the lake we go to is full of blue slime algae. Yummy! Ike and I did get to have a fun weekend at a different lake with some of our friends from BSU in mid July. They have a lake house down there. It was so awesome and relaxing. Lots of laughs. I even shot a gun for the first time. No one needs to know it was just a beebee gun, that will be our little secret. That is my new goal. No, not to learn how to shoot a gun (though I would like to do that too)- to own a lake house someday. That is so the way to live. I also want to learn how to play the guitar - random, but it is a goal too. Told you, this entry is random.

The Guys
The cup doesn't lie
The Gals
How many times I almost shot someone
Our view from the lake house
My sister's sister-in-law got married a few weeks ago. Addi and Cam were included on our invitation, so we all went. It was a beautiful wedding, outdoors too. My sister saved us seats in the second row. So the ceremony started and Addi loved it, but Cam, not so much. He just wanted to run around. But he was quiet and we were able to keep him still long enough to get through the ceremony. However, during the vows, Camden farted really loud. Ike and I both have inappropriate laughter and couldn't stop laughing - silently of course - which is really hard to do. During the reception, Camden was a pimp on the dance floor. He had several ladies trying to dance with him and people screaming for him when he was dancing. He is a mini version of his daddy. At our wedding, way back in 2002, Ike had a circle around him while he was dancing to Michael Jackson. I tried to come in and dance with him and basically got pushed out of the way! He didn't want me stealing his spotlight I think. We still joke about it. Ike and I are both exhibitionists and I think our son inherited that trait as well.
Now that is pretty cute, you gotta admit
Addi's pose is hilarious and Cam is trying to figure out what she's doing

Loving the Dance Floor
Showing his b-boy skills to the ladies

He's a true Party Rocker
Today, my mom and I took the kids to the Indiana State Fair. I love going to the fair and eating the food, but Ike hates it so we haven't been there since before Addi was born. He swore he'd never go back - he hates the food, the people, the atmosphere, everything about it. Anyway, my mom was kind enough to go with me, so we took the fair train down to the fairgrounds. The kids loved the train. I think that may have been Camden's favorite part, other than the tractors at the fair. Part of me hopes he'll become a farmer - there's something so endearing about farm boys. I think I secretly want Ike to wear a cowboy hat, Wranglers, and some boots. That'll never happen though- he can't even stand the State Fair.

C'mon ride the train
Tractor Love

Farmer Boy
Addi's gotta do a fabulous pose, Cam follows suit
Both the kids got to ride the pony, named Copper, at the fair too. We went to the petting barn, which gave me slight anxiety since I've taken care of kids in the PICU that have contracted E. coli and various other diseases from farm animals. I kept telling them to not touch their mouths or noses after petting and then we went immediately to the hand washing station. Stressful for me, but the kids loved it - although I probably stressed them out with my nagging.

Addi with Copper
Check out that face
Mama's anxiety level is through the roof
I really wanted to get an elephant ear and eat some more junk but it was so damn hot that all I wanted was ice cream and a sweet tea. So I guess I'm going to have to wait to get my elephant ear fix when we go to the pumpkin patch around Halloween. But I will get one then - no excuses. And I'll eat that elephant ear like a BOSS - you just wait.

Next update will be after Addi starts school - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment