Sunday, July 8, 2012

Huh, It's Halfway Over?

I can't belive June is over! How's that possible? We've had a great summer so far, but it's going way too fast.

Addi graduated preschool in May. I didn't cry nearly as much as I thought I would, but I definitely did when I saw her wearing a cap and gown and walking down the aisle to "Pomp and Circumstance." I still can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten already. I don't know if it will truly hit me until the first day of school - August 15 - when she walks out the door to catch the school bus. Oh let's be honest, I'm probably not going to let her ride the school bus. I think the school bus is where I learned way too much from the older kids on the way to and from school. I don't want Addison experiencing the same. But I'm sure there will be days that she'll ride the bus, so I better start mentally preparing for it now.
Where'd my baby go?
Camden moved to the potty training class at school. So we purchased a potty for him at home too. One day, before bath time, I took off his diaper and put him on it and told him to go pee-pee. He sat for a minute, while I filled the tub. A little bit of pee came out! I was pleased and put him in the bath tub. Then he says "Poop" and I said, "Do you have to poop now?" I turned around to set down the washcloth and then turned back around to see him holding out a little turd in his hand. WTH? Did he pull it out of his butt? I mean it literally happened within two seconds. He handed it to me (don't worry I grabbed toilet paper) and I threw it in the toilet. I asked if he needed to go any more, to which he denied. Well, at least he didn't leave a floater in the tub.

We've been boating quite a bit this summer too. I love boating. I grew up going to the lake nearly every weekend in the summer. Those are my favorite childhood memories. My Mom & Dad still had a boat and then when my Dad passed, my Mom kind of left it to all of us to share. It's been great to help create those same memories for my kids. A few weeks ago, we left home around 9:30 to pick up Subway so we could eat it for lunch on the boat that day. We let Addison get something there too. We just brought Cam a PB&J. So we had our typical day on the lake, had our Subway for lunch and went out cruising again. We decided we would do some more swimming before we headed back to the dock since it's just been so doggone hot. Shortly after anchoring, Addison had a panicked look on her face and said, "Mommy, I need to poopy." Uh oh. So while poor Addi is sweating it out, Ike and I brainstormed on what to do. 1) We could pick up anchor and head back to the dock. This however would take at least 15 minutes to do. The look on Addison's face told us we did not have that much time. 2) We could lower her into the water and let her poop in the water. The problem with that is one of us would have to go in with her to pull down her pants and hang on to her because even with a life jacket on, she won't float out in the lake not holding on to one of us. (This is whole other issue). However, it would look perverted if one of us was pulling down her pants, not to mention that unlucky parent would also have to get hit with a floating turd. We debated on our second option for a while and Addi was turning paler by the minute. We didn't have long. 3) The trash bag. This made the most sense. So - Ike and I turned into complete White Trash on this day. We surrounded our daughter, trying to hide her from view while she shit in the trash bag that I had to hold open. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Needless to say, no more Subway for Addison.

The Cap'n
Daddy's Girl
My Loves
I just realized this post should have been titled "Summertime Shits." Sorry, I didn't realize how much I talked about poop, hope you weren't eating when you read this.

We've also been spending tons of time at the pool, going to cookouts and kids' birthday parties. Here's some more pix from our fun summer so far. I just can't believe it's almost over!!! I hope you're enjoying your summer as much as we are enjoying ours.

Cruisin the 'hood
Mama & Papa's Night Out 
Bathing Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment