Friday, August 26, 2011

Say What?

Parenthood is the most rewarding and most challenging job. Very cliche, but very true. I find myself saying and thinking some pretty crazy things now that I'm a mom. Stuff I never thought I'd say or think, until I was a parent. And of course I always find myself saying things my parents said to me. Here is a list of some of them. See if you can relate.

1. Mommy just needs some silence for 5 minutes!

2. Stop licking the floor!

3. You cannot put that Barbie shoe there!

4. No, you may not poop in the bathtub.

5. That better be the first and last tattoo I ever see on you. (It was a temporary tattoo)

6. Please God, grant me some patience!

7. It's not appropriate to go outside naked, please put some clothes on.

8. Stop smearing food on the wall!

9. Don't smash food in your hair!

10. Get that food out of your ear!

11. Because I said so!

12. Remember, Santa Claus is watching.

13. Is that poop or chocolate?

14. Please, please, please go to sleep.

15. I can't believe I thought I was busy before I had kids.

16. You will never go on Spring Break without mom and dad there.

17. I want you to stay little forever.

18. You are my whole world!

19. I wish I could bottle your giggles!

20. Someday these little hands will be bigger than Mommy's.

21. I can't imagine my life without you.

22. If anyone hurts you, I will kill them. (I clearly remember thinking this the first time I held my daughter)

23. You'll never know how much I love you until you have your own children.

24. Thank you God for these precious little lives you have entrusted me with. I don't know what I did to deserve them, but thank you.

1 comment: