Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's Independence Day

Hey Dad,

I miss you so much and just wanted to write you a little note. I was just thinking about this being the first holiday you won't be here. We always used to go to the Yacht Club and have their 4th of July fried chicken dinner. Then afterward, I loved going out on the boat to watch the fireworks. I'll miss that this year. I love that your ringtone was "Independence Day" by Martina McBride. I love that you had no clue that the song was about an abused woman. Of course I never told you because I thought it was cute that that was your ring tone. You were so proud to be an American. I love that you would pay for lunches of random military men in uniform when you were out at a restaurant. I love that you always thanked anyone in uniform for their service to our country. Sure tomorrow is July 4, Independence Day, but your Independence Day was June 25, 2011. You are free now Dad. Free from all the pain you dealt with in your chest and in your legs. Free from the 20+ medications you took everyday. I am so thankful you are truly free. You're completely restored and perfect in heaven. You're home now, where you were always meant to be. And though I'd love to see you again, hear your voice again, hug you again, I would never want to take you away from your home. Happy Independence Day Daddy!

I love you and miss you.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment